Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Nine Days and Counting....

That is, until the semester is over for Chet and the summer can begin!!!!! There are so many reasons that I'm looking forward to this summer even more than usual. As I traced back through the summers since we were married, I realized that, while there were many exciting things that happened, these were generally all on the top 10 list of major life stressors. Here's a brief picture for you:
  • Summer 2000--We got married! Aside from working and moving into our apartment, the wedding was pretty much the summer's activity (of course, this was no small thing)... along with about 10 other weddings of our friends and family. Fun times!
  • Summer 2001--I graduated and began working at the University of Missouri--this was a relatively low-key summer except for a bit of traveling with the band.
  • Summer 2002--Chet had just graduated, and we started raising support for him to go on staff at the church plant in Columbia; he was working three jobs and playing in the band at the time
  • Summer 2003--We moved across town in Columbia; Chet's sister, Megan, moved with us
  • Summer 2004--My dad died (in May); Ladan was born in June; Titus (my nephew) followed 9 days later
  • Summer 2005--Chet applied and was accepted at Southern; we looked for a new place to live; we moved to a new state; Chet found a new job, and we did all the things it takes to uproot and plant ourselves
  • Summer 2006--Moved across town to a new apartment; I was VERY pregnant with Gabe
So, as I consider this summer, I am already feeling the coming refreshment! Here's why:
  • We don't have to move... to a new state OR a new house/apartment
  • We don't have to unpack
  • We don't have to look for a new place to live
  • We're not having a baby, and I'm not huge! (Although I do still have a few inches to lose before I can fit into my normal clothing.)
  • BUT, I can actually work out consistently because WE'RE NOT MOVING and I'M NOT HAVING A KID this summer.
  • Chet is not taking any classes. He's going to begin preparing for Hebrew, which he'll take this fall. But he doesn't have to worry about crunch time or deadlines for a few months.
  • I think my Old Navy job is going to be GREAT!
  • We get to retrieve our grill from St. Louis (we weren't allowed to have it in our last apartment, and we haven't been able to get it here since we moved last summer). We can cook out with the neighbors, play Baggo, and just enjoy the sunshine. If I can't track down any Smart chicken, I'm going to request that our grocer begin to stock it. It's amazing, and I've been craving it for TWO YEARS! (May those of you who have access to Smart chicken never take it for granted!)
  • I'm looking forward to full green trees, flowers everywhere, and opportunities to run and splash in the rain. Ladan should be able to join me on my adventures in the thunderstorms, which will be so much fun!

I'm sure there are others, but for now, you get the point. Unless the Lord does something to shake up my world (which is ENTIRELY possible and maybe even likely), we may just end up with a pretty chilled out summer! Praise God!!!

No comments: