Friday, June 29, 2007

Check-ups and Fun In the Sun

This is why I haven't been able to post many photos or send out many Snapfish highlight albums lately...
















We went to a splash park near our home after the boys' check-ups this morning. We had Gabe's 9-month check-up (He's 9 months today) and Ladan's 3 year check-up. First of all, can I just say that I LOVE NURSE PRACTITIONERS!!!! I have always found them to be a bit more thorough, ask more well-rounded questions, and offer more helpful advice. Back to the details...

Ladan was 39.5 inches tall and weighed 29 pounds. Can you even imagine only weighing about 3/4 of a pound for every inch of your body???? He was in the 90th percentile for his height and the 25th for his weight. Still a skinny guy, but he's so much farther up on the weight chart that we're really excited!

Gabe was 28 inches tall and weighed 17 pounds. My little peanut. He's at about the 50th percentile for his height. The NP told me that he was in the 25th percentile for his weight, but when I looked at the chart I have at home, he wasn't quite that high (actually, only 5th percentile on my chart). Either way, he's a skinny little man. She was pleased with his developmental achievements and did a quick blood test just to check his hemoglobin and white blood cell count. Both were good. We just have to work on getting him to eat lots of solids, which should be no problem. He now eats small chopped pears, toast, mac and cheese, Rice Krispies, and other such things. He seems to want food from my plate regularly, which is a total shift from Ladan at this age. Pretty exciting, actually!

I'll end with a few more photos from today. Have a wonderful weekend!

This is actually from Tuesday, but it's at the same park. These are two of Ladan's friends from church.



It appears as though Ladan is no longer afraid of the water! He's had two successful baths in a row during which there was no screaming when Chet poured water on his head to rinse the shampoo out. And he can also have loads more fun at the park because he isn't afraid to get wet!
You might remember our neighbor, Hannah, from the March photos. In those photos, Ladan was tackling her. Well, now she can walk, and it's clear that she's ready to get him back! Actually, I think she's waving at someone here, but it sure looks like she's going after him!
And this his my personal favorite from the day's photo log.

No comments: