Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Cool Guy Ladan

Here are a couple of photos of Ladan from yesterday's attempts at riding his bike. He picked out these new sunglasses at Old Navy. I like them because they actually stay on his face.

































Chet was able to hang out with the boys tonight while I went to work. He fixed a well-rounded dinner and helped (i.e. strongly urged... okay, made) Ladan eat some of each thing. It took some work, but he was successful. Anyway, when I got home from work, I asked Ladan what he did tonight. One of the things he told me about was all of the things he ate for dinner. He said with lots of expression, "It was VERY tasty, Mommy." GREAT!

Oh, and for the record, we achieved another milestone in the quest for perfectly accident-free potty use for every three-year-old in our home. On Saturday night Ladan actually sat on his little fold-up potty seat that fits on top of the regular toilet!!!! And on Sunday he used said potty seat on a foreign toilet TWICE when we were at small group! Looks like he's conquering all manner of fears... the terrifying height of the average American toilet (anyone could fall from such a thing) and the equally paralyzing thought that a shower of water on the head and face could at any moment completely melt both eyes right out of their sockets!

And, to end on a bit of a patriotic note, don't you love our country? We really do enjoy so many freedoms and privileges that most people in the world would never even hear of. I am so humbled when I think that God could have brought me into the world in any country, and He chose to put me here. May I use my freedom and the vast number of resources at my disposal to glorify Him!

No comments: