Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ode to the O'Coffeys

I think I'm in mourning. Our dear friends, the O'Coffeys, are heading out for California in a couple of days. Today was their last worship service with us at Clifton... and I cried through at least half of the service. I told Chet about half way through the service that we should have been sitting in a place where I couldn't see them, because every time I saw Selina, I quietly lost it all over again.

Selina was the first person I met here in Louisville that I consider a true friend... you know, the kind that you can be completely honest with and know that she'll do the same. I've met others since then, but there's something about that first person you really connect with in a place that makes them pretty special. We were able to laugh and cry together... sometimes in the same 10 minutes. Chet and Mike get along great, and my kids LOVE the O'Coffey kids. Makes for some fun times, that's for sure!

A couple of weeks ago, when they decided to move back to CA for sure, Mike said, "It's really sad to leave, but the great thing is that I know that we're not saying good-bye forever. We're making friends from all over the place, and one day, we'll all be in the same place again... for eternity." Amen! And what a party it will be!

Now I'm just left wondering if Selina will show up in her perfectly-coordinated-super-cute-and-just-a-tad-bit-flashy outfits with her amazing jet-black hair and BEAUTIFUL smile... and praying that I really do get to see them all before then. California, here we come!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to experience "true" friendship!!!
Love, Mom