Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Did You Perform Your Civic Duty Yet?

There are approximately 2 1/2 hours left to vote here in Kentucky... so if you haven't done so already, please make your way to your designated polling place and fulfill your civic duty. The boys and I went this morning to vote. Ladan thought I said I was going to goat. He said he didn't want a goat, because that would be scary. I made sure he understood my pronunciation and went on to explain that voting meant that I was simply going to go into a room, tell people my name, and fill in some circles to tell people who I thought would be good for certain jobs and to say if I wanted some of our money to pay for better libraries. Either he understood me or he didn't hear any words in that sentence that were scary to him, because when we arrived at our polling place, he happily skipped alongside me and went right inside.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

oh man, it'd be so cool if you guys got a goat, lol.

Jake and his family had a small goat as a pet when they were younger. The goat and Bryce and Jake would head butt each other. I'm not even kidding. I guess the goat realized that they were young, because he was pretty gentle with them. Jake was around 5, but Bryce was only 1 or so. Funny huh?