Sunday, November 18, 2007

WhatEVER!

I cannot believe it! MU (Missouri) is playing KU (Kansas) next Saturday... MU is ranked #3 , and KU is ranked #2... and the game is NOT GOING TO BE ON here in Kentucky. We're supposed to be interested in the Ohio State game or something next Saturday night. The other problem is that our internet provider doesn't host ESPN360, so we couldn't even watch the game online if we wanted to pay for it. What kind of crazy world do we live in anyway?

Okay, that is an extreme exaggeration, but we really do want to watch the game. There are obviously more important things in the world than a football game, but it sure would be fun to watch it. The Tigers will have to come through for us and know that we're rooting them on from here.

On a much more positive note, the Casting Crowns concert was AMAZING! I'm telling you all that their cds are good, but in concert, they are FABULOUS! They are so right on in what they say and sing. There's no way I can really explain the experience. But I am so grateful to have been able to share it with so many fun people!

And, to end on a funny note, here's a quick peek into our home life. Just imagine that you're sitting in our home watching us a couple of nights ago. This is what you would have seen.... Gabe, Ladan and I are sitting at the table eating our snack. Chet is watching some sporting event on tv, and an ipod commercial comes on. Without a word, Ladan and I simultaneously start dancing silently in our chairs kind of crazy-like until the commercial ends, at which time we promptly return to eating our food. About a minute later, Ladan and I look at each other and suddenly crack up laughing as if we both realize how silly that was. As an onlooker, you're either thinking, "That's AWESOME!" or "They're totally insane, and this proves it!" From my perspective, I think it's GREAT!

Chet had no idea what had happened (because it was all silent), so I had to recount it to him. I told him that every once in a while I think it would be funny if our lives were recorded on a secret camera, because I'm sure we do crazy things like that all the time that we don't even pay attention to.

I have so many stories to catch up on... like the time I locked Gabe and my keys in the car at Target... and about how Gabe got his head stuck in between two pieces of furniture the other night... and about how I just finished up all of my classes and weekly commitments for the semester... but that will all have to wait for another time. I'm exhausted, and since there's a bit of a bug going around, I want my immunities to be sky-high to fight it off!

No comments: