Monday, June 2, 2008

Chet's Trip #8 and Chicco Infant Seat Recall

Well, the guys are back in the country... hanging out in the Newark airport. They tried to get on an earlier flight, but it was full, so they'll wait. Chet's pretty exhausted as I'm sure they all are. They ran around all day on Sunday in Calcutta and got on the first plane that evening. He slept very little on the plane from Mumbai to Brussels. He did get some better sleep on the plane from Brussels to Newark because he had a whole row of seats to himself and was able to stretch out... but it was still only a few hours of sleep at best. They have an 8-hour layover in Newark before they fly the last leg of the trip. So basically, by the time Chet gets home, it will be like he's only gotten 3-5 hours of not-entirely-restful sleep collectively since our Saturday evening. It's no wonder it takes a long time to recover from that!

I have so many things to tell him about. I'm going to use part of the day today to make a list of things I want to remember to tell him so I don't have to do it all at once. Then I'll rest at ease knowing I won't forget, and I don't have to bombard him with all kinds of randomness when he doesn't have the capacity to even understand what I'm saying.

I asked him if there is anything in particular that he'd like to eat in the next few days. He said he's most excited about drinking a lot of milk and eating a bunch of cereal. And he doesn't care what we eat for dinner as long as it doesn't resemble Indian food... so I guess he did get a little bit tired of it by the end of two weeks. Easy enough.

So I'll dust our bedroom, scrub the kitchen, and mop the floors this afternoon while Gabe's napping. Then I'll do the grocery shopping this evening, and our house will be in good shape. By the time he's home, I will have cleaned every room of our house very thoroughly, been to St. Louis and back, and completed so many other random small and large tasks that I can't possibly list them all here. Of course, there's always so much more to do, but I think it's worthwhile to stop and enjoy all that the Lord has helped us accomplish in the last two weeks.

On a totally unrelated note, my brother just called me and said that their Chicco travel system (infant seat and stroller) have been recalled. The recall was official just today, and it looks like the problem is with the car seat base. So if you are one of the millions of people who own the Chicco system (it's the most popular seller these days), you might want to keep your eyes out for the next couple of days and be sure that yours is not included in the recall. I just looked it up on Google, and I found this blog that listed more details. But keep in mind that this is just a blog and is not an official website... so keep watching for more details and instructions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to hear you! The excitement is soooooo obvious. That's a great idea about the list. There's so much to tell!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell Chet I said "hi" and I'll pray he'll be able to sleep. Can you imagine his brain must be racing--or be completely "flat-lined"?
The boys will be so excited too!
Wish I could be a mouse in a corner and watch!
I LOVE YOU ALL!!
Mom/Gwamma
P.S. Thanks for coming to St. Louis--it was GREAT!!!

Lily of the Valley said...

I wasn't kidding about the hero business, means even more after reading this post. How the heck are you able to do all that housekeeping with two tots! I'm trying to figure out how to rest (what several doctors highly recommended), eat, or cook for somebody in the family (whether it's the adults or my toddler), while the littlest one is sleeping. Forget housekeeping!