Friday, January 30, 2009

"Amen" to "Jump Snacks"

We had a super-cheap and easy dinner tonight... pancakes. That's all we had. It's great, because the boys would eat pancakes every day if they could, so it's always a treat! Tonight, we sat down to eat our pancakes, and here's how our conversation went:

Ladan: "Yay! We get to eat pancakes!"
Me: "Yep. We love pancakes!"
Gabe: "AMEN!"

Hilarious.

Later, the boys took turns taking showers, another one of their favorite activities. When Ladan was finished with his shower he asked if he could have a snack. I said, "Maybe you can have some applesauce." He replied, "No, I don't think I want that right now." I'm thinking at this point that he's going to ask for some fruit snacks or something, so I say, "Well, you can't have any junk food right now. You have to eat a healthy snack." He says, "I'm just hoping for Life cereal. That's not a jump snack."

On Sunday, he also came home after church and told us about how the soldiers put "horns" in Jesus' head. He was easily corrected, but it was very cute because he was speaking so confidently about what he knew.

I love it when my kids say funny things!

1 comment:

Megan Elkins said...

And I love it too! Thanks for sharing!
Love you guys!