Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2010 Reading List

Update: I added one more at the end of my list. I don't know why, but I forgot to add it when I made the original list.

It's my goal to read the following books in no particular order in 2010. Hopefully I'll be able to read more than this, but I'm being realistic here. Actually, I might be unrealistically hopeful that I'll even get all these read. I'm going to give it my best shot!
  1. Idols of the Heart: Learning to Long for God Alone by Elyse Fitzpatrick
  2. Look, No Hands by Brian Gault
  3. Knowing God by J. I. Packer
  4. Desiring God by John Piper
  5. The Magician's Nephew by CS Lewis
  6. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis
  7. The Horse and His Boy by CS Lewis
  8. Will Medicine Stop the Pain?: Finding God's Healing for Depression, Anxiety, and Other Troubling Emotions by Dr. Laura Hendrickson and Elyse Fitzpatrick (In case you're wondering, I don't particularly struggle with depression, anxiety and other troubling emotions, but I know SO MANY people who do that I'd like to see if this might possibly be a good book recommendation and am hoping that I'm better equipped to encourage others through their struggles as a result of reading this. And you never know how much reading this might help me deal with any future struggles should they come my way. Always better to be prepared ahead of time, huh?)
  9. Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney
  10. The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw
  11. Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder by Richard Louv

No comments: