Wednesday, March 10, 2010

One Fine Day

Today was the first warm day this year, and it was fantastic! It rained early in the day, but the clouds parted, and the sun came out! Ladan said, "It's sunny! God thought it would make us happy if He made it sunny outside! He had that idea!" You can tell we haven't seen the sun in a while!

We worked on math early, and the boys were outside enjoying the nice weather by 10am. They played while Claire took her morning nap and I cleaned. When Claire woke up, we went for a walk through the golf course across the street from our neighborhood.

We spotted all kinds of birds and a bunch of poop. Yes, that's right. Poop. If we hadn't seen a very brightly colored mallard, I'm pretty sure that the poop would have been the highlight of the walk. And really, the mallard only tied with the poop, I'm sure. The boys looked for poop on the sidewalks. They looked for it in the grass. And they even leaned over the bridge and looked for it in the water. They found it in all of these places, and every time they exclaimed, "Eew! Poop!" Let's just say we saw enough poop today to prove that there are plenty of animals in our area with healthy bowels.

The golf course... and a poop sighting:


After we got home, we ate lunch and all three kids were tired. Gabe and Claire went down for naps. Ladan did some of his reading, but he was out of it, so we saved the rest for later in the interest of a nap for him too! For about 45 minutes, all three kids were laying down quietly AT THE SAME TIME! I cleaned the kitchen in peace. Nice!

Claire is now 7 months old, and to date, she has only eaten solids a couple times with VERY LITTLE success. She also refuses to take a bottle, but that's another story for another post. Two nights ago I tried giving her solids, and she was literally sobbing with huge crocodile tears streaming down her face acting like I was ripping her arm off her side or something. Last night Chet tried, and she didn't scream at him. Instead, she just stared him down with her cute little face and held her mouth shut.

If you know me, you know that when a challenge presents itself, I do not give up easily... and may try even harder. Well, I tried again tonight, and I finally got her to eat about 3 whole tablespoons of rice cereal mixed with pears! I was pumped!

It was one fine day! Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

Keli B. said...

Fun! We took a walk yesterday too! I took similar pictures, but they're still on my camera. Maybe I'll post mine too; you've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

:D

Miss you Ms. Phyll!

Love,
Chrissy