Friday, October 22, 2010

Fun Things to Hear Your 6-Year-Old Say

Ladan just wrote his first journal entry. He wrote:

"I love to play with my frends. Please help my frends. I love them. My best frend is God."

After he was finished, he said, "Mom, I don't want to follow Satan, so I've decided to believe and trust in God. I'm going to repent when I'm sleeping, and then I'm going to do right things. Because Jesus wants me to do the right thing." [Not too sure what he means about repenting while he's sleeping. I think he just means that he's going to try to do better tomorrow.]

I was cutting a pear for him, and when I handed him the plate, he said, "Thanks, Mom! Hey, Mom! I said, 'Thanks,' right away! I did what honors God right away! Satan tried to trick me into not honoring God, but it didn't work!"

----------------------------------------

While watching the theme song to the PBS show Word World while the gas man was here fixing our gas leak last week, Ladan heard the line, "Nothing's better than a letter." He stopped and looked at me and said with surprise, "Mom, they just said, 'Nothing's better than a letter.' But that's not true. God is better than everything. He's better than a letter. Why do you think that they think letters are better than God?"

I responded, "It's possible that they really do think that letters are better than God, and that would not be good. But maybe they just mean that nothing on earth is better than a letter. Since nothing on earth right now is better than God's Word, and the Bible is written with letters, then I guess it could be true that nothing on earth is better than a letter, huh?"

He replied, "Oh, right! I hope that's what they mean, because it would not be good at all if they thought that a letter is better than God."

-------------------------------------------

"Mom, I like you a lot. But there's someone else I like more. God. He's better than any person, so I like him more. But I still like you a lot. Just not as much as God."

-------------------------------------------

While doing math the other day, Ladan said, "Mom, sometimes I write my 3's backwards. But it doesn't mean I'm going crazy. Sometimes I just forget." Then he moved on to the next problem as if he hadn't just said anything funny at all!

No comments: