Sunday, November 4, 2007

I Knew It Wouldn't Be Long

Recently, I wrote about how Ladan noticed a baseball player spitting during a World Series game. He thought it was popcorn at the time. I knew the day would come when he'd figure out that it might not actually be popcorn, but I was hoping it wouldn't come so soon. This time I have football players to credit. We were watching the LSU/Bama game yesterday. Ladan was sitting on my lap, and suddenly he turned his head quickly to the left and spit with some pretty good force. It splatted (yes, I said splatted) on his forearm. For a second, he acted like nothing had happened. I was mortified but not entirely surprised. I quickly wiped it off... with my hand, of course (because that's somehow NOT grosser than the spit just sitting there on his arm) and explained that spitting is one of the things that we don't copy the football and baseball players doing. He simply replied, "Oh, okay." Now let's just hope he remembers it next time we watch some sporting event!

2 comments:

Konemanns said...

That is too cute! What a fun family you have.They come up with great stuff.Sorry our dinner didn't work out today maybe we can do it Friday night or whenever it works good for Chet.I know Robert really enjoys talking with him.See you Wednesday!
Becky

Amber said...

i havent told you that i really like your new layout. That photo is great and i love the vearse on it!
This story made me laugh hard! i can just imagine him spiting on himself and his little glance up at you to see what happened next! so cute...boy i wish we lived closer.