Monday, May 19, 2008

Chet's Trip #2 and Crib Tents

Chet should have landed in Calcutta at about 11pm yesterday (our time). They had a lot to do when they got there--track down all their luggage and pray that it all arrived, exchange their money, find and get settled into their hotel, etc. I haven't heard from him since he should have been in Calcutta, but that's not surprising to me. I figure that since I also haven't heard from anyone at the seminary, everything is just fine, as they'd be calling me if his plane crashed or he ran into some other trouble.

I did get a message from Brussels yesterday. He hadn't been able to sleep at all on the plane by that point, but he did get to watch John Rambo (Thank goodness I got out of that one!). He said we should add Matt, one of the other guys, to our prayer list specifically. Apparently Matt, who's fairly tall, banged his head really hard on the overhead cabin in the plane. Chet asked that we pray that Matt is able to avoid "serious injury" during the rest of their travel! (Obviously joking, but I guess it couldn't hurt!) I told Matt's wife we should also pray that he doesn't get an unsightly bump on his head that would make it difficult for anyone to take him seriously... after all, the coneheads aren't exactly a well-respected group.

I took the boys for a long walk last night. For those of you who know where we live, we walked all the way from our home to the Target on Westport and Hubbards, walked around the store a bit, and came back home. It was great! The only problem was that there aren't great sidewalks on parts of Chenoweth and Westport. It only took about an hour and 45 minutes for the entire trip--a one-way walk took about 35-40 minutes. Not bad since I wasn't walking for speed or anything.

As for the crib tent idea, the only one I can find is absolutely hideous. It would be great if his crib was white or something, but it's not. There isn't a single white thing in Gabe's room for that matter. I don't know if I'll go for it or not. Hopefully my reaction to him climbing out the first time will be motivation enough to keep him in it... and yet I'm not exactly convinced that it's going to work. Here's the tent I found. If any of you have found or used any other crib tents, please let me know.

I'll let you know if/when I hear anything else from Chet

No comments: