Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Side Note

Does anyone else think that the side flip in the balance beam routines of female gymnasts is a little bit strange looking? For some reason, it appears to have no grace to me. It resembles something like a frog when it's thrown in the air and is looking to land on its feet. I'm sure it's very difficult, and I couldn't do it (shocking enough, I'm sure), but if it's not a required element, then I think my recommendation is that it be left out. Do you think the world's elite will listen to my recommendations though? Me neither.

But Corey Murray might! She's not an Olympic gymnast yet, but she may be on her way. Corey, if you're reading this, please avoid the side flip on the beam as long as you can. Better yet, maybe you can come up with a way to make it look good and do it that way if you compete in the Olympics!

No comments: