Monday, June 30, 2008

Proof of Our Insanity?

Well, Chet decided about TWO hours ago that he's going to take a two-week class that started ONE hour ago! This is totally unlike him to sign up for something so late, but some things have changed in the last couple of weeks that have made it more reasonable for him to take the class. It's an evening class, so it won't interfere with his sleep the same way that the day-time classes would. He'll have five books to read, approximately five or six shorter papers to write, 40 verses to memorize, and at least one or two exams. He has the two Wednesdays off along with this Friday, so that should be helpful. We basically decided that it's just two more weeks of craziness that could save him a lot of hassle in the future. So he's going for it! I'm actually really proud of him for taking the plunge!

I really appreciate his intentionality and thoughtfulness on a regular basis, but every once in a while, it's good to just dive in. I like the challenge of this type of thing. It's sort of like a race against yourself to see what you can get done in a certain period of time. I guess the fact that he only had one day in India to prepare for a full day of teaching the following day is coming in handy already! And, like I said, Chet doesn't regularly spring things like a class (or anything, for that matter) on me at the very last minute, so I get excited for the opportunity to help him accomplish the goal.

As many of you know, Chet generally has at least half of the reading completed and has been thinking about it for quite some time before he steps foot into the first class period. This is clearly not the case this time! We're thankful that the books are not too terribly intense compared to some of the classes he's taken. He can work on the scripture memory at work here and there, which will also be good.

So, basically, for the next two weeks, he'll get up in the morning, set up the card table and hide away in Ladan's room, hang out here until I get back from my afternoon chiropractic appointments (on the days that I actually have them), go to campus for 90 minutes or so before class, go to class all evening, and then go straight to work through the night. Then he'll start it all again in the morning. So much for getting caught up on things, but I think this is one of the best reasons to end up staying behind! And who knows, I might just get as much done in the next two weeks as I did when he was in India.

Maybe the attitude we're demonstrating is a mark of insanity... or maybe it's what helps us keep our sanity. Either way, we're having fun!

I had my second chiropractic adjustment today, and it was even better than Friday's if that's possible. I'm so thankful for the way this is all working out! I'll write about my doctor's appointment the next time for sure. I hope. Lord willing. Unless something more spontaneous and exciting comes up first. You get the point.

No comments: