Saturday, July 21, 2007

Deja Vu

Sunny. 80 degrees. Blue sky. Light breeze. No humidity. It's the third weekend of July. Is this 2000 or 2007? Aside from the change in our location... and the fact that I'm not wearing a white dress with a long train... and the fact that there's no way in tarnation that I'd fit into that dress... and we have two children, one would think that this was our wedding weekend. Tomorrow is our 7th anniversary, and the weather has provided the perfect opportunity to think back to the day we were first married. What a great day!

The Lord has blessed us abundantly and continues to grow both of us into more godly spouses for one another. What an adventure and a joy to watch this process unfold in each other! I'm so grateful that I have someone who is so committed to me as I grow and who loves the Lord so much that he is intentional to labor through the process of becoming a more Christ-like husband.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
What a spectacular day it was! When I think about it my heart truly swells with joy! I'm so grateful things worked out like they did. The most signifcant memory I have is when they opened the doors for you & your Dad--that brought happy tears to my eyes. What a sight it was!!!!!!!!!
It is a blessing to see you & Chet growing together.
I love you all! Mom/Gwamma

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary!! 7 years...wow..you are becoming the old married couple. haha I am so thankful that God continues to grow your relationship. Love, Crystal