Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I Think I'll Charge That"

Can you believe that American Airlines apparently thinks that Ladan is old enough to use this phrase when he purchases something? He received his first credit card application in the mail yesterday. Whatever! I'm sure it's just because he has a frequent flyer account with American, but it would probably serve them well to ensure that the people to whom they're offering credit accounts are at least out of the single digits.

Yesterday was a big day for Ladan apparently, because he also almost choked to death. Probably couldn't handle the thought of debt at the age of three. No, seriously, he was eating a turkey burger (we don't eat a lot of red meat in our house), but he wasn't chewing and swallowing in a timely fashion. He ended up aspirating some of it, and I had to lay him over my arm and pound the turkey burger out of him until it splatted on the floor. All in a day's work, I guess. Of course, after it was all over, he freaked out (totally understandable). I was fairly impressed that he ate more than 1/4 of a turkey burger! Hopefully the near-death experience won't cause him to avoid all meat in the future. By the way, he calls them "burgergers".

Gabe also had a pretty eventful day. He stood by himself for about 4-5 seconds. He's done this before for maybe a second or two, but I believe that this can officially be called standing alone. Of course, he's not doing it consistently yet, but I'm sure he'll be working in that direction sooner than I'm ready. And to think that just 9.5 months ago, he weighed 1/2 as much, was 7 inches shorter, and couldn't even hold his head steady, let alone his whole body while he supported all his weight on his feet!

2 comments:

KrayonKel said...

Have you told Ladan that your last name used to be "burgerger" before you met daddy?

He might get a kick out of that! :D

Crystal said...

I am glad you knew what to do in the "choking" situation...and priase God that Ladan is okay from the experience. I am glad everyone is doing well - keep us updated. Love, Crystal