Thursday, September 11, 2008

Books I'm Reading or Will Start Very Soon

Bible Doctrine by Wayne Grudem. This is the text for the Systematic Theology class I'm taking at our church on Tuesday mornings. I'm really excited about it!

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I've been working on this for a while, but I'm still enjoying it. It's something that only gets fit in a few nights a week for about 15 minutes before I hit my pillow, so I'm not exactly speeding through it.

Doing Things Right in Matters of the Heart by John Ensor. This is the book we're going to start going through with the high school girls small group. Speaking of them, we've got our second sleepover scheduled for Saturday night, and I'm really excited! One girl refused to come if I didn't bring cookie dough from Papa Murphy's so I guess I'll have to comply... and eat plenty myself. FYI--Papa Murphy's cookie dough has no raw eggs in it just in case you're concerned. Raw eggs don't stop me from eating cookie dough at any point, but I've decided not to impose my reckless irresponsibility on other people.

We haven't decided what we're doing with our adult small group, but I'm kind of hoping it's not too intense on top of all these other things and my daily Bible reading. I'm really working hard to complete the Bible in 6 months. December 31 I'll have to let you know if I accomplished the goal!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I just finished reading Great Expectations for school. I'm glad that you like it, but it wasn't my favorite. So, I guess you're coming over for lunch tomorrow! It seems like I haven't had a conversation with you-that's more than 2 minutes-long in forever. I'll see you then!

Love, Caitlin :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm impressed! I can barely find time to go to the bathroom these days! I have lots of reading to do for Abe's theology curriculum. Although, I am still trying to finish The Bruised Reed so I can read the next book on the Puritan challenge book list.
Miss and Love Ya,
Sel.